- Rex Hamilton -
- 8 April 1997 -
[I've never been anywhere in NY besides NYC. I'd like to fix this before I die, and Utica is one of the places I'd like to see. Since he lives there, Rex already knows it. This post indicates his thoughts after reading about all that Cleveland and Mt. Vernon, Ohio, have to offer. -Miles]
No butter cows, gum museums, war reenactments, or liberal colleges, but... Wait. We DO have war reenactments. We DO have liberal colleges. We do have lots of pre-chewed gum...
- REPLICA STATUE OF LIBERTY - Yes, see this 10' tall copper wonder of the modern world!
- UTICA ZOO - What happens when a poor city puts a lot of energy into making animals happy? No, not the Correctional Facility - the ZOO!
- MARCY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY - Just in case the brief mention above got you excited...
- MUNSON-WILLIAMS-PROCTOR ART INSTITUTE - A great local museum, with some world-class art, including one of my favorite series' of paintings, "The Stages of Life."
- ORISKANY BATTLEFIELD - A great historical site. Walk your way through the steps of a key ambush laid by the English & Indians during the revolutionary war.
- FORT STANWIX - They were on their way here. It's restored in all its glory, and everybody seems to think it's still the day before the great seige of Stanwix. Hey, buddy! It's 1997! Wake up!
- MAYOR ED HANNA - SEE him cut the fire department drastically during a nasty rash of arsons! SEE him fire members of his staff who speak to any of the media! SEE his closed office door, a permanent "No Comment" to anyone who dares ask! SIGN the petition to have him impeached! WONDER why, after once voting him out of office, the good people of Utica voted him back in!
Last updated: 08 April 1997
Copyright 1995 Miles O'Neal, Austin, TX. All rights reserved. Miles O'Neal <meo@XYZZY.rru.com> [remove the "XYZZY." to make things work!] c/o RNN / 1705 Oak Forest Dr / Round Rock, TX / 78681-1514